Since folks have asked, just wanted to share some of the stuff I’ll be up to in the next few months. I didn’t want to add an “Appearances” tab to the blog because I’m still a baby author, making baby-author steps and with a baby-author budget, so I’m concentrating events around the book’s launch and won’t be traveling far or often beyond that. Which means I won’t be at, say, Worldcon in Australia this year. (No slight on Australia; my wallet’s telling me no, but my body’s telling me yes… and the wallet wins, hands-down.) Won’t be doing Odyssey either, though I desperately wanted to since The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms is coming out in the UK as well. These are tough times. But here in the US I will be doing a few cons, and locally I’m going to be all over the place.
Note that this is only the next few months’ worth of stuff, BTW. Depending on finances and other factors, I may need to go back to fulltime work this summer. Ergo stuff like Readercon and World Fantasy, though I love both, are up in the air for now.
Anyway, here’s what is certain for the next month or so:
- Feb. 25: LAUNCH DAY! Watch for a “Big Idea” post from me over at John Scalzi’s Whatever, and possibly some other activities online as I celebrate my official “coming out” as a published novelist! Will also be having a launch party that night — folks in New York, if you haven’t already gotten an invite, let me know if you’d like to be on the invite list. (Not being snooty here; it’s just that the venue is small.)
- March 2: I’ll be doing a reading and signing at Flights of Fantasy bookstore up in Albany, NY. Because upstate people need some angry-god love, too!
- March 13: I will be on Hour of the Wolf, Jim Freund’s long-running science fiction radio show on WBAI 99.5, at a blistering 5 in the morning. I’ve done this one a couple of times now with Altered Fluid, but this will be my first time going on by myself. Shall endeavor not to sound stupid; coffee will help.
- March 17: I will be one of the readers at that month’s KGB Fantastic Fiction reading, along with acclaimed fantasy author Michael Shea. Already nervous!
- March 18 – 21: Immediately after KGB, I’m leaving for ICFA in Orlando. It’ll be my first time going to this conference. Not on any panels or events, alas, because I’m missing the big first day of the con due to KGB. But you’ll probably be able to find me somewhere near the pool.
There’s stuff that will be happening in April and May too — Lady Jane’s Salon, Wiscon (am going to be a pro in the Writer’s Workshop again this year), Romantic Times, and more, but I’ll announce the deets later.
See (some of) you there!