So now I have a Twitter account. Yee. Ha.
Sorry to sound less than excited about it. I’m that most curious of creatures, a Luddite technophile. I love the web and all its varied gadgets, but I also like keeping my life simple. Having multiple accounts across multiple networking services is messy. It irks my Virgo soul. Not to mention the fact that I often find Twittering itself kind of irritating when other people overuse it; I really don’t want to know the minutia of my friends’ lives. So for those of you who similarly find Twittering irksome, I promise you now:
- I will not Twitter about my non-writer-related life events. (Such as they are.)
- …Except the cat. She’s writing-related.
- I will in fact focus most of my Twittering on writing blow-by-blows, like my paroxysms of glee when I kill off important characters and put the remainder through hell. (What? I’m a writer. Didn’t you know writer = sadist?) I’ll try to limit spoilers, though.
- I will not, not, NOT set up a feed to spread my Twittering across the blogosphere, like some kind of Jemisinian Twitterpocalypse. Feel free to set up your own feed if you like, but I won’t impose it on you. (No offense to those who do this, but it’s not for me.)
- I’ll try not to be redundant with blog posts. Kind of defeats the purpose, ne?
Anyway, I’m going to play with it for awhile, and see how it goes.
Next up: Facebook and MySpace. But I’m going to have to build up some inner strength before tackling those babies.
ETA: Oh, and I’ve added another plugin to this blog, which you can see if you look at posts individually (rather than full-page view); it lists related sites from Social Action. They’re not ads, they’re community service. Check them out, and help if you can!